> As everyone knows, real Ion users compile from source ;-)  If you need a
> distro to manage Ion installation, maybe you should consider some other
> WM...?

I will totally agree on the "debian is always 3 years out of date"
issue (TRUST me, I feel the pain daily), but I have to disagree
strongly with the above statement. It doesn't matter how competent you
are, you do NOT want to maintain thousands of programs manually unless
you have nothing better to do in your life than managing said
programs.

If I want a newer version, assuming I'm not stuck on Debian, it's
easier to just update the port/pkgsrc package and compile from that,
than to keep compiling maunally from source with all the
deinstall/upgrade hell it entails.

> BTW thanks for a great window manager.  Now I'm ruined forever; all the
> other WMs have so much eye candy I feel like I'm going to go into insulin
> shock whenever I try them.

Yep. I am totally hooked.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org