On 2007-03-06, Alexander Wirt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just don't use pinning but apt-get -t sarge-backports install <package>.
>
> From thereon everything will happen automatically. Just read the whole
> documentation.

The whole documentation? That single page? It says nothing of future
'apt-get upgrade's upgrading <package> from backports. And when I
tried to find out ages ago, nobody knew how to achieve that...
And I'm on 'testing', for now, so trying it out is a bit difficult.

> Maybe you shouldn't publish any software then?

The problem is that the mistake has already been made, and all you
can do now, is minimise the damage.

--
Tuomo