In your previous mail you wrote:

   Steve Deering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
   > The u bit in the current IID definition indicates whether or not the
   > IID can be considered globally unique.

=> can I assume you didn't read draft-dupont-ipv6-imei-00.txt?
(you should and I should have answered before :-)

   IMEI being global I'm tempted to touch the u bit (universal/local).

   IMEI has nothing in it that could influence the g bit
   (individual/group), but further investigation is necessary probably.

=> my proposal is to use u=1,g=1 for IMEIs. Obviously this collides
with Erik's idea...

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]