Hi John,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I don't disagree with you - however my point was I thought that the
> application should be involved in what value of the flow label is used.

Is it really the case that the application needs to be involved in
choosing the flow label value?  Or is it more reasonable to say that
the app needs to be able to indicate that it wants to use *a* flow
label?

I can see the flow label management issue being more efficient in
the IPv6 stack itself.

Of course, there is also an issue of whether two applications on
the same machine communicating with the same peer machine would want
to share a flow label.

Brian