Rob Austein wrote:

> At Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:58:38 -0700, Bob Hinden wrote:
> >
> > I think something with similar properties to TCP's initial sequence number
> > selection would be about right.  A toaster-class device will have to deal
> > with that as well.
>
> I agree that the constraints seem similar.  ISN selection is another
> one of those cases where stable storage vs (good) random numbers is a
> tricky question, at least in the toaster universe.

All of which tells me that if we define a requirement for the flow label
allocation process to survive reboots, it will be a SHOULD not a MUST.
A toaster would provide a compelling argument for overriding the SHOULD.

But right now we have enough dispute about it that I'd rather leave it
open in the spec, i.e. no change to the draft.

  Brian