Margaret,

> Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> The current situation with the addressing architecture is that
> we have established a consensus of the WG to make two changes
> to the document (described in Bob's mail) and send it (back)
> to the IESG for consideration as a draft standard.
> I have not seen a level of response to this thread that would
> lead me to question that consensus. Have you?

No. My opinion is that the draft should be sent back to the IESG, and I
apologize if I have contributed in delaying that. Ship it, by all means.

Back to the issue at hand, before you got us into that swamp, the topic
was about draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-04.txt.

IMHO, there are two ways to look at Pekka's draft:

1. It is irrelevant, as /127 prefixes are not supposed to exist anyway.

2. OTOH, the use of /127 is widely spread and I peer with two pTLAs
using /127s myself.

So the question indeed is do we want an RFC that remotely suggests that
there are alternative ways to what [addrch] says, although it does
provide some insight into legacy practices.

Michel.