> > => Why not? I think it is scalable to that level simply
  > > because you can plug more anchor points as you see
  > > fit. it's as scalable as HAs are in MIPv6.
  >
  > My main concern would be issues to do with the MAP information
  > propagation, and the MAP selection algorithm ... I think there's
  > some common ground between the tactics of HMIP and the FMIP
  > three-party-handover and I suspect the best solution is in that
  > region somewhere ...

=> I guess, w're on the wrong list for this discussion.
But I don't understand your concern about "propagation".
In Jim's case, you're not likely to use Dynamic MAP
discovery. The most likely way is manual configuration
of ARs.

  > > => What you're doing (optimistic DAD) can be combined
  > > with Fast Handovers to completely eliminate movement
  > > detection delay. [...]
  > > => My very initial effort (with Karim) with Fast
  > handovers was aimed
  > > at: anticipation + optimistic DAD + HMIPv6.
  >
  > It's tricky getting anticipation signalling out of most 802.11
  > drivers, but we've had success getting L2 to signal L3 that it has
  > just reassociated, causing L3 to RS. Greg Daley has more information
  > here, I'm sure he'll chip in when he gets back to town ...

=> Anticipation is not bound to 802.11, it can also
happen on the network side in other link layers.
I agree that it is not supported by all cards
as you guys keep telling me :)

Hesham