At Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:59:45 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:

>       I'm talking about 1 name with multiple addresses being
>       returned in multiple scopes.  I'm taking about having
>       getaddrinfo() then filter out the inappropriate addresses
>       using local knowledge and setting sin6_scope_id.

Via this mapping table thingie, which I suppose we could configure
easily enough using DHCPv6.  So what happens when the mapping table
isn't configured, is misconfigured, or somebody passes a raw scoped IP
address into some other scope?

>       See Message-Id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       for details.

I read it.  I even replied to it.  I think it's a fine solution to one
aspect of a more fundamental problem, and I remain unconvinced that
the more fundamental problem is worth solving.