Hi Hiroki,

Yes, our SBR routers have been shipped since September, 2000 as
a commercial IPv4/IPv6 dual router.   It supports RIPng, OSPFv3, and
BGP4+.  I have explained our SBR support and routing protocols in this
mailing list once before when the site-local issues were brought up.
I do remember your previous mail.  I didn't realize, though, that
you were talking about a commercial product -- I thought that you
had a research implementation.  I apologize for my mistake.

For OSPFv3, as you described in I-D, we are allocating separate OSPF
process for each area.  The current OSPFv3 does not consider SBR at all.
This is the reason for separating OSPF processes.
Do these processes share a single global routing table, based on
the link-state advertisement from all peers?  Or perhaps you run one
"global" process and one "site-local" process per site?

I am interested to understand whether you maintain a single peering
relationship with each peer, exchanging both site-local and global
information in the same LSAs, or whether you have separate peering
relationships (and separate LSAs) for global and site-local
information.

I believe that it would work either way, but that we may need to
specify which way it should be done, as I am not sure that the
two choices are compatible.

I have not played with SBR with DNS, but DNS related issues seem to be
very tricky.
Indeed.  Of course, most commercial routers are not frequently
used as client nodes, so the DNS issues are more of a concern for
workstation-based routers and/or site border hosts.

Margaret