Hi Margaret,

>>On each process, all routing information, including global and
>>site-local are handled.  Because of this, a user need to "redistribute"
>>global prefixes (not site-local prefixes) each other.
>>This is the demerit of separating OSPF process per site.
>
>Thanks, Hiroki.  I think I understand...
>
>Do you have some type of internal filtering mechanism to decide
>which routes to "redistribute" from one OSPF process to the others?

No, one has to do it manually as you do for any other routing protocols.
It is much similar to the route redistribution from OSPF to BGP for
example.

>Or are the OSPF processes using OSPF to speak to each other?
>
>Externally, from an OSPF perspective, does your SBR look like a
>single router?  Or like multiple (two in your example) routers
>with logical links in between them?

Yes and No...  It is a hard question.

In the case of:

        On each process, all routing information, including global and
        site-local are handled.  Because of this, a user need to
        "redistribute"global prefixes (not site-local prefixes)
        each other.This is the demerit of separating OSPF process
        per site.

global prefixes are redistributed among OSPF processes, so for a OSPF
process, routing information redistributed from other OSPF processes
are treated as AS-external (type 5 LSA) routes.  This is the difference
compared with the non-SBR OSPF case.

In the case of:

        one "global" process and one "site-local" process per site.
        In this case, a interface need to belong to two OSPF processes,
        one for global and another for site.

from the global prefixes' point of view, single OSPF process covers all
sites, so the issue in the 1st case will not occur.  This might be a
little harder for programmers.

In any case, if one wants to handle global and site-local prefixes with
single OSPF process, someone needs to write an I-D to specify how to
handle LSAs.

Thank you,
Hiroki Ishibashi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]