Erik,

On CGA.  It is different now.  We face mass deployment of required
security worldwide and I hear it all the time now.  CGA being a base for
our addresses is far different scope of use than RSA mumbo-jumbo et al.
The IPR is a real problem and I think a show stopper. There can be no
vendor advantage over others with CGA if it is to become pervasive, and
questionable for the IETF to pursue this to far without getting some
type of resolution.  The IETF could be setting a precedent and opening
pandora's box and end up sitting in anti-trust problem. Go talk to your
IETF ISOC council is my advise if you have not already.  It is also not
the same type of legal problem as using RSA as an entity.

I think labeling it often as IPR issue is prudent in our community.
Including not using it because of the IPR.

/jim