In your previous mail you wrote:

   >    and it can also satisfy per process behavior.
   >
   > => this is not true: I don't want to patch and recompile all applications.
   > My concern is you provide a device then look for its usage, I prefer to
   > get requirements and only after look for ways to satify them.

   I assume these socket options would be applicable more for new type of
   applications. But I don't see a problem in updating existing
   application with new socket option and recompile them, if the
   application wants to serve special cases. For example, it's not
   surprizing that common network application be modified for running
   on mobile devices.

=> Oops, I believe the purpose of your draft is to help Mobile IPv6
deployment... (:-)

   Also, per-socket control is more desirable than just per-process
   control, as one application may choose to set different source
   address for different set of sockets.

=> what I propose is not pure per-process control, it is to put the
control in the context of processes. It gives immediatly a per-process
control but with a way to manage the context from applications, it gives
a per-socket control too.

    I don't think threading (as you mentioned before) is a good
    alternative to that.

=> first I didn't introduce threading in this discussion, second IMHO
you haven't understand my answer about how to implement though-the-context
control with threads.

   > => if there are for each prefix a TMP and a PUBLIC addresses AI_PREFER_SRC_TMP
   > & co are strictly useless so are candidate for a garbage collection when
   > we'll run out of bits in ai_flag...

   I am not sure I understand your point here.

=> easy, if you have in each prefix a public address and some temporary
addresses the flags don't affect the source prefix choice.

Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]