In your previous mail you wrote:

   As Erik explained before, having per-socket knob provides better control
   on the implementation pieces

=> no, it gives the same kind of control, and only in modified pieces
of code.

   and it can also satisfy per process behavior.

=> this is not true: I don't want to patch and recompile all applications.
My concern is you provide a device then look for its usage, I prefer to
get requirements and only after look for ways to satify them.

   > There is no equivalent in destination rules to SR7, so AI_XXXX_TMP & co
   > are useless (this is in fact obvious :-).

   Yes, SR7 does not have a corresponding DR?. But getaddrinfo() is supposed
   to sort the destination addresses keeping source address selection rules
   (in this case, its SR7) in mind. Hence the AI_PREFER_SRC_* flags make sense
    for TMP and PUBLIC.

=> if there are for each prefix a TMP and a PUBLIC addresses AI_PREFER_SRC_TMP
& co are strictly useless so are candidate for a garbage collection when
we'll run out of bits in ai_flag...

Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]