On 12/02/15 12:40, erik.tarald...@telenor.com wrote:
This might be so in Norway. In German customer portals the gamers mostly
demand ipv4 (public ipv4 address to their home) instead of DS-Lite. They
have already native IPv6 but avm was forced to allow "teredo" over DS
and DS-lite - because xbox has problems with native IPv6.

xbox is no good example for *wanting* IPv6.

Could you elaborate on the IPv6 issues for xbox?  I was under the impresion
that xbox works well with IPv6.

The Teredo implementation used for person2person connectivity in Xbox One does not have relays. That is, you can't talk Native IPv6 -> XB1 Teredo.

The implication is that, unless all parties in an XB1 session have native IPv6, all parties will fall back to Teredo-over-IPv4. As such, you need working Teredo/IPv4 for XB1 today, as you're very likely to need to execute this fallback.

Given that Teredo relays were the unreliable bit, I can't fault this.

The XB1 Teredo stuff is actually quite a reasonable approach.

Cheers,
Phil