Gert Doering wrote on 03/06/2023 13:33:
So how do we get there?

We got where we are now because there are compelling reasons to deploy ipv4, but not compelling reasons to deploy ipv6. IPv4 is the stone that rolled down the hill; ipv6 is the stone that, 25 years later, people are still trying to roll up the hill. What's surprising is that some people are still surprised that ipv6 won't roll itself up the hill after 25 years of resolutely not doing this by itself.

> So, what else can we do?

Supportive / constructive mandates level out the upwards slope on the ipv6 hill, a little. Destructive mandates - e.g. "governments should withdraw ipv4 services" - are more like suggestions to get out a digger and change the slope of the hill so that the boulder will roll up it. The only outcome from this sort of approach will be expense, a mixture of bemusement and rage from bystanders, and ultimate failure.

Nick