Hi,

On Tue, 30 May 2023 at 23:52, Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network &
Identity Solutions) <andreas.sprin...@aldi-sued.com> wrote:

> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> Lot of things were said and all are correct. Lack of knowledge, budget,
> priority, interest, projects, success. It might be rather an approach for
> RIPE and other RIRs to get in contact with governmental units, setting up
> legislation as with the office of management and budget in the US:

The RIPE NCC has done this - and probably still does it.

When I attended these meetings in the past there was pushback from
civil servants. Governments often struggle to get more than two
qualified vendors for many contracts. The civil servants were
concerned that adding an IPv6 requirement would further reduce
competition and make managing cost more difficult.

Kind regards,

Leo

  • [ipv6-wg] Cle... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
    • Re: [ipv... Michael Richardson
      • Re: ... Torbjörn Eklöv via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Paolo Volpato via ipv6-wg
      • Re: ... Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network & Identity Solutions)
        • ... Leo Vegoda
          • ... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
        • ... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
          • ... Benedikt Merkl via ipv6-wg