Hi Wilhelm

Me being a network engineer in an enterprise and an IPv6 enthusiast can say,
that it even fails within the IT.
Many IT workers, from server administrators over network consultants to
application / solution designers still ignore IPv6 as an avoidable burden.

Every time I talk vendor for a new product, they wince when I ask for IPv6
support - even today. And IPv6 support doesn't mean that all aspects are
covered.
Even in the space of network vendors, you feel the difference of maturity for
IPv6 related support compared to the IPv4 related aspects of the solution when
you try to thoroughly set it up for IPv6.
The same goes on when going towards application space.

With these constraints it's hard to encourage our own IT folks to just roll it
out.

>From my opinion, without companies being forced from top-down with a language
>managers understand (money or complaints), the move to IPv6 will remain at the
>micro-steps enthusiasts like me can afford and support.

Alexander Koeppe

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other
person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept
liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a
result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized
changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA,
Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this
message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused
by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click
merckgroup.com/disclaimer<https://www.merckgroup.com/en/legal-disclaimer/mail-disclaimer.html>
 to access the German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish and Slovak
versions of this disclaimer.

Please find our Privacy Statement information by clicking here:
merckgroup.com/privacy-statements-by-location<https://www.merckgroup.com/en/privacy-statement/privacy-statements-by-location.html>

  • [ipv6-wg] Cle... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
    • Re: [ipv... Michael Richardson
      • Re: ... Torbjörn Eklöv via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Paolo Volpato via ipv6-wg
      • Re: ... Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network & Identity Solutions)
        • ... Leo Vegoda
          • ... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
        • ... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
          • ... Benedikt Merkl via ipv6-wg