Hi,

On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 11:15:51PM +0000, Jordan A. Borgner wrote:
> Companies just need to _feel_ that IPv4 isn't going to get them very far
> anymore and that it's better to prepare for the future now because its
> better to have options rather than to need them when the time has come.

So how do we get there?

I think we tried "preaching" for a very long time (did not work),
"help with procurement policies so at least equipment vendors get
the message" (did work to some extent), "mandating" (US Govt, but
enterprises will only take note for those bits that they want to
sell to the US Govt)...

The market has tried "make IPv4 insanely expensive", and corporate
mergers/acquisitions have tried "make IPv4 operationally very hard,
with packets going through 3 NAT44 devices *inside* the corp network",
and even that has failed to send the message "IPv4 has no future".

So, what else can we do?

Gert Doering
        -- IPv6 preacher man

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279