On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:12:58PM -0800, Christian Huitema wrote:

> In the case in point, there is a significant constituency who believes
> that they need a replacement for site local addresses, and that
> "draft-hinden" is a reasonable way to obtain this replacement. You are
> indeed free to not use such addresses and never deploy them within the
> networks that you manage, but that does not change the needs of others.

Agree 100%.

IPv6 at least has the advantage that we have address space to offer anyone
wanting local addressing a means to gain a unique (or as good as a unique)
prefix to use, which is a big advantage on the (dis)ambiguity front.

Leakage will still be an issue, but I don't believe that can be fixed by
an RFC.

Tim