>       I believe that it is entirely too late in the life of this protocol
> to be removing these bits.  If there is in fact confusion over their usage
> then the usage should be clarified.  The original intent of this revision was
> to clarify portions of the specification which were not clear, not to open every
> feature for the full-scale debate and revision.  There is running, shipping
> code that makes use of these bits.  What, exactly, is the upside in breaking
> that code?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by "running, shipping
code that makes use of these bits."  In particular, are you referring
to particular implementations that

  - invoke DHCPv6 on the reception of an RA with the M flag being set
  - invoke DHCPv6 or (so called) stateless-DHCPv6 on the reception of
    an RA with the O flag being set

?  If so, could you tell me which implementations do?

Once again, I'm not necessarily pushing the idea of "deprecating" the
M/O flags.  Also, breaking existing code is the last thing I want to
do.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.