I am not sure whether this is a deficiency in this model. Currently,
even if M/O is turned off, the nodes which had triggered stateful
protocol will continue using it. Unless or otherwise you reboot all the
nodes in the link, you cannot make the nodes to switch to stateless
autoconf. This could be solved by carrying some more information in the
RAs rather than a single bit.

~Vijay