>> This is all just adding superfluous text to an already 90+ page document.
>> Again what implementer or customer have you found that has noted a problem.
>> Or we just masturbating RFC 2461 again out of boredom.  We have so much work
>> to do in the IETF here and elsewhere I don't get why this is a good use of
>> our email time or WG time when nothing is broken.

> Jinmei seemed to say that he was concerned that folks have or will
> misinterpret the meaning of a non-advertising interface on a router.

Yes, this is the concern I raised in the message that Jim cited
(http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg02912.html)

And note that this is separate from whether we should allow the
"mixed" behavior in rfc2461bis as pointed out by Erik (and I agreed in
a very recent message, which is perhaps not delivered to the list yet).

> If this is indeed the case (and I trust Jinmei had a reason to bring it
> up) I don't see any harm in clarifying this.

See, for example, the following message (I referred to this one in my
first response to this thread):

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg01524.html

Apparently, there was a confusion about the relationship between
"forwarding interfaces" defined in RFC2460 and "advertising
interfaces" defined in RFC2461.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.