On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 06:53:12AM -0800, Bill Fenner wrote:

> >     i would say we should stick to current
> >             http://[fe80::1%fxp0]:80/index.html
>
> This is not the current notation, neither the grammar in rfc 2732 nor rfc
> 3986 permits it, and rfc 3986 explicitly mentions zones as not supported.

I see the formal problem with what the current RFCs say. Still, I believe
the format quoted above is the only one that makes sense to users who
have to type these URLs and who already know how to put global IPv6
addresses into URLs. I prefer to optimize end user usability, even if
it makes the procedural aspects getting it written down within the IETF
more complex.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder               International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>     P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany