>> The essential point is, at least to me, is that we did not want to
>> force applications (like URI/URL parsers) to be aware of scope zones
>> and/or the dedicated syntax for scoped addresses.

> My reading was that we don't want applications to have to examine an
> arbitrary address and decide whether or not they have to deal with
> it specially.  Since this format is unique and is only used for scoped
> addresses, the application doesn't have to decide based on the address -
> it's already been told based on the URI format.

I guess I don't understand the latter sentence...

- what is "this format"? (perhaps it's "fe80::1(some delimiter)de0"
  for URI)
- what do you mean by unique?
- what do you mean by "it's already been told based on the URI format"?

>> -in my understanding, one major reason [that people were enthusiastic
>> about killing site-local] was they did not want to force applications
>> to know details about scopes and/or zones for behaving correctly.

> This was at least partly about having to derive the information from
> the address; I think that communicating the fact that a zone is
> present seperately from the address at least partly alleviates these
> concerns.

I also seem to fail to understand this sentence...what do you mean by
"the fact that a zone is present separately from the address"?

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.