Thus spake "Brian Haberman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> IPv6 WG,
>       This is a status update on the centrally-allocated ULAs defined in
> draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-central-01.txt.  At this time the chairs believe it
> is prudent to gain operational experience with the locally-assigned
> ULA specification (which is currently in the RFC Editor's Queue)
> before continuing work on the centrally-allocated mechanism.
>
>       The chairs would like to solicit input from WG members on this
> approach.  Please state your support or disagreement with this
> approach.  Those who disagree, please state rationale for wanting
> to continue this work at this time.

Agreed.

I also believe that we should be watching the IPv6 PI policy proposal at
ARIN et al; if the ARIN proposal is approved (and other RIRs follow suit), I
see little reason to continue work on centrally-assigned ULAs.

Stephen Sprunk        "Stupid people surround themselves with smart
CCIE #3723           people.  Smart people surround themselves with
K5SSS         smart people who disagree with them."  --Aaron Sorkin