> > This proposal looks better and easy to understand. However,
 > > if we just rely on timeout for concluding the
 > unavailabiliy of DHCP server,
 > > how does the client re-invoke DHCP if the DHCP server is
 > available later in
 > > time? I think we need one bit to inform the clients about the
 > > availabilty of DHCP
 > > services in the network.
 >
 > I would assume that DHC has mechanisms for discovering when DHC
 > servers come on line. I.e., the client just sits quietly in
 > background.

=> I'm curious about this, does DHCP broadcast its existence to
clients that never used it when it comes up? Seems a bit strange
to do that. I don't even know how it could speak to a client unsolicited.

Hesham

 > Sure, an RA bit could also signal the availability of a new server,
 > but I would first like to be convinced that the existing default DHC
 > mechanism isn't good enough for handling this case (better
 > not to have
 > multiple ways of acheiving the same result).
 >
 > Thomas

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.