Well...DHCPv6 doesn't have any better mechanism for announcing
availability of a server than does DHCPv4 (which is to say "none").
There has not been an identified need to push an announcement of DHCP
server availability out to clients.

Section 14 of RFC 3315 specifies the retransmission behavior for DHCP
clients.  When that behavior is interpreted for Solicit messages in
section 17.1.2, the result is that the DHCP client continues to
retransmit Solicit messages at low frequency (once every 2 minutes)
forever.  Therefore, the client will eventually contact the DHCP service
when a server becomes available.

- Ralph