Hello,

I'm still trying to understand the problem :-)
Unless I missed an episode, the context is
connection-oriented cellular networks under IP
(whatever that means)

You say that the RA packets (unicasted) will wake up
90% of hosts in the subnet. Because roughly %90 of
hosts are dormant, in general.

I still believe that 30 minutes is longtime. Thus
the problem is not energy consumption perhaps
(without justification).

But there is a problem if you link-layer page
many many hosts simultaneously to deliver an
RA. The paging channels may be saturated. From L2
perspective, this would be similar to a situation
where many many cellular users are called
simultaneously, resulting in call setup delays.
Personally, I suspect that this may be a much more
serious problem than energy consumption.

But, firstly, your draft doesn't make it clear,
and secondly, I couldn't see how your draft solved
this problem.

The real solution, imho, is to distribute the
unicast RAs over time. For example, if there are
5 hosts in the subnet and the RA period is 5 minutes,
then

start:
Min1 - send the 1st RA
Min2 - send the 2nd RA
Min5 - send the 5th RA

and goto start.

This makes sense? Sorry if this is already specified
somewhere.

Otherwise, you may want to filter the RAs at
the paging agent.

pars