Tim - The answer to your exact question is, of course, yes. But, in my opinion, that question is not the right starting point for our conversation.

A better question to start with, which we certainly ought to ask as members of an engineering organization like the IETF, is: "Is there a sufficiently large set of scenarios and use cases where the requirements cannot be met by DHCPv6 PD to warrant the investment of resources to design, specify, publish, implement and test an entirely new protocol or protocol extension?".

The IETF has spent far too much effort in defining theoretically possible protocols.

- Ralph