On 2007-06-11 15:51, Paul Vixie wrote:
... I *would* recommend that the robot be hosted by a trusted
organization.

... most organizations are trusted by most people, but no organization is
trusted by everybody.  what specific trust threshold are you aiming for in
the above stated requirement?
IANA, under the IAB's authority and RFC 2860 clause 4.3 exception (b),
i.e. just like any other technical registries run by IANA.

can you clarify further?  do you mean "hosted by IANA" or "trusted by IANA" ?

(noting that i trust IANA just fine, but that this point isn't academic.)

Yes, good question. My gut feeling is "hosted by". I'm not sure I can
argue rationally for that.

BTW do the ops lists where this is discussed have archives?

    Brian