> ...  It is meant to be a private address space, to be routed / routable as
> private address space should be - specifically NOT on the public internet.

what we mean it to be routed to is less important than what people who use it
will actually route it to.  let's focus for now on examples involving many
networks run by folks with diverse goals.  any time you propose a rule like
"not meant to be XYZ" you have to be able to say how that rule will get
enforced, and what the internet will look like if enforcement doesn't happen.

> ... and, golly, can't we be smarter this time around?

so far, not.

> >Should routers not forward ULAs under any circumstance?
>
> Routers, meaning any routers?  Of course they should - the whole point is to
> have private IPs that are routable (unlike link-local addresses).

that's another voice heard from.

> Routers, meaning out in the DFZ - of course not, this is private address
> space.  (Except maybe to black-hole them ,that is)

is the dfz the only place these routes shouldn't go?  how will this be
enforced, if cooperating connectees to the dfz all want to do it anyway?

if we can't agree on "what's a site" then can we ask "what's ``private''" ?