From: JINMEI Tatuya / ???? [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:05 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Revisit: one remaining corner case in DAD

At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:06:26 -0400,
"Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Having taken care of an NA target address that happens to be any
> address assigned to the receiving interface, now we are left with only

> a target address that is in ND cache of the receiving interface. Once
> a tentative address has been taken care of, the processing of NA goes
> into checking if target address lies in ND cache of the receiving
> interface and hence section 7.2.5 of 2461bis applies - this rule takes

> care of an unsolicited NA sent by a neighbor to the interface. Such
> unsolicited NA's are used by nodes to update new ND information to
neighbors.

My point is that it's not so obvious (at least to me) by simply saying
"If the target address is not tentative, the advertisement is processed
as described in [I-D.ietf-ipv6-2461bis]".  Hence my proposed text.  I'm
not sure whether you agree with it or not, but I'm still not convinced
that referring to 2461bis is enough.  So, I still plan to keep my
proposed change unless I hear otherwise from others.

Thanks,

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba