From: Vlad Yasevich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 8:44 AM
To: JINMEI Tatuya / ????
Cc: Hemant Singh (shemant); Suresh Krishnan; ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Revisit: one remaining corner case in DAD

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> In conclusion I'd like to propose to change the paragraph of Section
> 5.4.4 from:
>
>     On receipt of a valid Neighbor Advertisement message on an interface,
>     node behavior depends on whether the target address is tentative or
>     matches a unicast or anycast address assigned to the interface.  If
>     the target address is assigned to the receiving interface, the
>     solicitation is processed as described in [I-D.ietf-ipv6-2461bis].
>     If the target address is tentative, the tentative address is not
>     unique.
>
> to:
>
>     On receipt of a valid Neighbor Advertisement message on an interface,
>     node behavior depends on whether the target address is tentative or
>     matches a unicast or anycast address assigned to the interface.  If
>     the target address is assigned to the receiving interface, the
>     advertisement SHOULD be discarded and the node SHOULD log a
>     system management error; this case would indicate that the address
>     is a duplicate but it has not been detected by the Duplicate
>     Address Detection procedure, which should be manually handled by
>     the system administrator.  If the target address is tentative, the
>     tentative address is not unique.
>
> (the additional note "this case would indicate..." may sound too
> verbose.  If so, I'm willing to remove it.)
>
> Does this make sense?

The only part of the above paragraph that I keep questioning is
the inclusion of anycast.   I thought that it was perfectly fine
to have duplicate anycast addresses on the same link and 2461bis still permits
that.

So I would change start the second sentence of the above paragraph
as: "If the target address is a unicast address assigned to the receiving
interface, ..."

Thanks
-vlad