Hi,

Dow Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> What 2460 specifies for routers regarding RH0 processing and what
>> vendors had implemented (before the deprecation). I don't consider the
>> amplification here (i.e. even a limited version of RH0 with only one
>> address in it, processed by default by routers, fits my description).
>
> Are you primarily concerned with making / keeping source routing a
> *mandatory* component of IPv6 because you see this as adding attack
> vectors at every IPv6 node?

No, that's not my primary concern. My primary concern is the addition of
_proven_ useless and complicated functionalities in a fundamental part
of our communication infrastructure.

> I suppose I see these as separable:
>
> - making the functionality mandatory is to help get it into
> implementations so that interested users / operators have source
> routing as a tool.
>
> - this does not mean (to me) that the functionality to act as an
> intermediate source routing destination (routers and/or hosts) must
> be enabled by default.  I think this question is worth discussing.

As soon as you have a _precise_ use and expected users for that, sure,
i'll continue the discussion. Now, i let Thomas and Itojun keep asking
for concrete uses. I consider i have already spent enough time asking
many times the same simple questions without getting any precise
answer:

                 Who will use it? How? What for?

Regards,

a+