Thomas,

Why do you believe MIP6 did not simply adopt the same security model as MIP4
and instead choose IPsec? It was because of the view that IPsec support in
IPv6 by default exists and hence should be used.

And the IESG statement in RFC4285 needs to be revisited and deprecated
because the arguments that were the basis for it to be inserted do not apply
in many deployments (especially in networks which do not care about the
route-optimization feature).

-Raj