Hi,

I agree with Suresh here.
>  >
>  > 3. RFC 2460 clearly says in section 4 that EH's are not processed by
>  > intermediate nodes unless the EH is a hop-by-hop EH. Since your draft
>  > ignores this rule of RFC 2460, it's up to the IPv6 community to first
>  > agree to such a change to RFC 2460 before looking at your draft.
>
>  I am not sure I understand what you mean. The draft does not recommend
>  anybody to look at the EHs other than the HBH. The draft says that, if
>  someone does (e.g. firewalls and other middleboxes) it makes sense to
>  have a standard header format. Not that I condone it, but this paradigm
>  (of routers being L3 only devices) has been broken long time ago. Every
>  router I know of has the capability to look at and filter at least on
>  the transport layer port.

Not just for middle-boxes, but for a simple function like doing ECMP
load balancing we need to look up the upper layer headers (TCP/ UDP).

That said I would encourage the work on HBH too. On a similar note
have a look at the "Tiny Fragements" draft I had put across some while
back:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-02

Thanks,
Vishwas