Hi Hemant,
   Please find responses inline.

Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
> Tatuya,
>
> I understand receiver vs. sender. I am talking about the fact that RFC
> 2460 says no intermediate node may inspect/process any EH besides the
> HBH EH. That is the reason for which I quote this para from section 4 of
> RFC 2460:
>
> [With one exception, extension headers are not examined or processed
>  by any node along a packet's delivery path, until the packet reaches
>  the node (or each of the set of nodes, in the case of multicast)
>  identified in the Destination Address field of the IPv6 header.]

This text is not normative, as you can clearly see. "headers are not" is
way different from "headers must not be"

> This text would prohibit a firewall, which is an intermediate node, to
> inspect/process any EH. I also asked if any RFC exists that changed this
> behavior from RFC 2460 to allow an intermediate node like a firewall to
> inspect/process EH's besides the HBH.
>

> I agree with you that a receiver may process the EH's in any order
> except the HBH EH.

No. The receiver MUST process the extension headers in the order they
appear. Please see the following text from RFC2460

> Yes, my concern with text from Suresh's draft was indeed that HBH was not
> mentioned with
>
> " o  Extension headers must be processed in any order they appear"

I already suggested replacement text for this in my earlier mail. Did
you not receive it? Anyway the intent of this text was to say

" o  Extension headers must be processed in any order they appear"

Thanks
Suresh