At Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:14:19 -0400,
"Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with you that a receiver may process the EH's in any order
> except the HBH EH. Yes, my concern with text from Suresh's draft was
> indeed that HBH was not mentioned with
>
> " o  Extension headers must be processed in any order they appear"
>
> Also, the same bullet above does not mention the EH Order defined in
> section 4.1 of RFC 2460. If the order is followed by a sender, a
> receiving node will receive the EH's in order.

Of course, but the point is that the receiver cannot (or even must
not) assume that ordering.  This is a typical example of "Be liberal
in what you accept(, and conservative in what you send)".

BTW:

> I understand receiver vs. sender. I am talking about the fact that RFC
> 2460 says no intermediate node may inspect/process any EH besides the
> HBH EH. That is the reason for which I quote this para from section 4 of
> RFC 2460:

I don't understand why you mentioned this in a response to my previous
message; I didn't argue about this point.  I specifically responded
the quoted (below) part of your previous response to Suresh, where I
don't see any relevance to the inspection by an intermediate node.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.

Suresh,

I thought my arguments were clear enough from my original email. But let
me give it another shot.

Please see in line below between <hs> and </hs>