Hi Albert,

>  The 8-bit "next header" field, the first byte, uses the same coding as
>  the IPv4 Protocol field. And the next 8 bits after that provide the
>  length of the EH.
>
>  Why can't the intermediate node work its way down all unknown EHs until
>  it reaches a "next header" you can identify? This should always occur.
How can a node know it is a new Extension Header (which follows the
format as specified in the new draft) or another upper layer protocol?
There can be two unknowns - unknown upper layer protocol and unknown
EH.

Say if we get a value of x, which is unknown in the Next Header field,
there is no way we can assume the next header is either EH or an upper
layer protocol. So there is no way to say the Next Header follows the
format as specified in the EH.

Thanks,
Vishwas