I think the wording I quoted previously from RFC 2460 is intended to
keep the receiver of the packet, the one identified in the IP DA, from
skipping over unknown EHs. Which seems like the right thing to do. An
unknown EH at the receiver should generate and ICMP error, I think.

If this draft wants to bypass that rule:

   If new extension headers are defined and the
   intermediate node is not aware of them, the intermediate node cannot
   proceed further in the header chain since it does not know where the
   unknown header ends and the next header begins.  The main issue is
   that the extension header format is not standard and hence it is not
   possible to skip past the unknown header.  This document intends to
   define a standard format for IPv6 extension headers.

perhaps it makes sense to specify clearly that this skipping option ONLY
applies to intermediate nodes? It doesn't seem prudent to leave that
unspecified.

Bert