draft-ietf-
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]; V6ops Chairs
>Subject: Re: what problem is solved by proscribing non-64 bit prefixes?
>
>On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:
>
>> In a typical WiFi Access Point landscape...
>>
>> Sellers of these devices don't have a solution to program the WiFi AP
>> IPv6 in the same way they'd do it for IPv4.  For IPv4, the AP receives
>> an IPv4 address on the wired Ethernet and then does NAT and subnet
>> further on the wireless interface.  For IPv6, although it receives a
>> huge /64 IPv6 prefix on the wire it can't offer Stateless Autoconfig
>> on the  wireless interface.  This begs again for IPv6 NAT.
>
>I'd say it begs for assigning the user a /56 or /48 routed to them on the
>/64 link.

Exactly right!

A /56 to the home's DHCPv6-PD capable CPE.
(Atleast) one "inside" segment (couple of switch ports, maybe an antenna or
two) for now - sporting SLAAC, maybe Stateless DHCPv6 as well?
A healthy dose of stateful IPv6 firewalling, for those so inclined.
Oh, and probably the same IPv4/NAT/FW we all know and love.
Winner.

/TJ