Hi Seiichi,
  Please find responses inline.

On 15/05/09 11:56 AM, Seiichi Kawamura wrote:

Hi Suresh

  I like the idea of this draft. Thanks for writing this. It would
simplify things a lot for debugging purposes.

and thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

* It is not clear WHO needs to comply with the recommendations in the
draft. i.e. who is the targeted audience?

Section4. states

   recommendation in this document SHOULD be followed by humans and
   systems when generating an address to represent as text, but all
   implementations MUST accept any legitimate [RFC4291] format.

this was advised to me by Brian Carpenter that it was needed.
Does this answer your question?

Sounds good. I would like such text to be present in the abstract section as well.

* I think recommendations 2 and 3 are redundant and can be merged into one.

I assume you are talking about the conclusion.
Do you think that it should read something like this?

 (2) "::" used to their maximum extent where shortens address the most

I will try to come up with some text for the recommendations.

I got a similar comment on v6ops BTW.

* I see a missing requirement that states that an occurrence of 2 or
more zero 16-bit groups MUST be compressed. So an address like
2001:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 is still valid according to the current draft.

You may be right.
I thought '(2) "::" used to their maximum extent whenever possible'
did enough to clarify, but a little rewording might be needed.
Thanks.

OK.

* I think Appendix D is completely out of place in this document and
should preferably be removed. (I also agree with Dave's comment about
Appendix A)

Appendix A, yes I would go with dot-decimal also.
Appendix D, I don't know. I thought it would be informative
to other operators (since we have to pronounce addresses fairly
often over the phone)...

I prefer removing it altogether but I am not opposed to having it in the document.

Thanks
Suresh