On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I think it's out of scope of a *protocol* standard. However, I think Doug
has a valid point, so maybe we should add an explicit statement that
the document defines what should be transmitted and presented to humans,
but does not define internal storage within an application or database.

The abstract and introduction seemed to already imply this but how about

s/This document also recommends a canonical representation format that best avoids confusion./To avoid confusion this document recommends a canonical text presentation format but does not define internal storage formats within an application or database./

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  t...@lava.net