Suresh,

Suresh Krishnan <suresh.krish...@ericsson.com> writes:

> The nodes attached to different subscriber lines cannot directly send
> packets to each other. They need to talk through the edge router.

How is this enforced? If I happen to know the mac address of my
neighbor's router (or host), can't I just send stuff directly?

If I happen to send bogus NAs to my neighbor, does the architecture
prevent this?

> All traffic needs to go through the edge router. There is no direct
> host-to-host communication allowed between different subscriber
> lines.

Will edge routers send redirects when "neighbors" are sending traffic
to each other? Or will the Edge Router become a performance bottleneck
when lots of traffic going through it is sent right back out on its
incoming interface?

Thomas