Hi Ralph,
  <Snipped a whole lot of old quoting>

On 10-08-26 08:18 PM, Ralph Droms wrote:
Suresh...

But the multicast RAs don't advertise prefixes, right, so the subscriber nodes
won't be able to complete SLAAC?

Correct.

I think the point is to use standard node stacks: Windows 7, OS X, Linux.  Do
any of them send periodic RSs?

No. All of them send RSs (3) on interface initialization. If no routers are found, there is no periodic retransmission mechanism like for DHCPv6 Solicits. This is true of SLAAC in general (with or without RS marking).

But this option isn't all that is needed for the deployment architecture,

Correct. But the rest is standard RFC4861/RFC4862 behavior.

and it appears that there is a significant problem with that deployment architecture.

I would not say it is a problem with the deployment architecture. As I said in mails to Thomas and Woj, the issue occurs in other deployment architectures that need to use different prefixes over the same shared L2 domain (e.g. WLAN AP with 2 SSIDs mapped into 2 VLANs on the fixed side connected to the edge router).

Thanks
Suresh