we already have an IPv6 legacy

As much as I wish it were otherwise, I don't think there is yet enough of a deployment at this point to really make this a show-stopper.

But even if we do, I don't see any reason we couldn't have a no-ND solution in a greenfield deployment.

Even the topic of this sub-thread indicates the disconnect between a still-large percentage of the operator community and the ND/RA zealots. The fact that it keeps coming up over and over should (at some point) be a sign that people who actually want to deploy IPv6 would like to be able to do it on a DHCP-only basis. No one is saying yank ND/RA out of the spec, just make it optional.

Doug

                        -- Propellerheads