On Sep 22, 2010, at 02:24, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Rémi Després wrote:
>>
>> Of course, if MS and Apple announce an upgrade of all their IPv6 stacks, to
>> the effect that they use DHCPv6 requests to obtain what they no longer get
>> in RAs, that would mitigate the need for backward compatibility. But is this
>> realistic?
>
> As far as I know Apple doesn't support DHCPv6 at all.

I know I'm responding to an old message here, but in case anyone finds this by
searching the archive, I'd like to point out that Apple supports DHCPv6 in
current AirPort, Time Capsule, Apple TV, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad products.
(As a policy matter, I can't say whether or when a release of Mac OS X will
appear that supports DHCPv6, because engineering doesn't comment publicly about
future products. Though, one expects that a pattern is readily apparent to
anyone who wants to find one.)

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering