Hi Steve,

One of the drivers of the draft was that firewall vendors wanted to
differentiate between unknown extension headers and unknown transport protocols
and possibly treat them in a different way. E.g. Section  3.2.2 of

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-16

specifies one such need.

Thanks
Suresh