> Then what's all this controversy with
> draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions? :-) -- That aside, there have
> been quite a few publications asessing the real "privacy" provided with the
> so-called privacy-extensions....

Using randomized host identifiers is way more private than sticking a MAC
address in the IPv6 address. In fact, rather than your draft proposing to not
use privacy addresses, we should pursue the deprecation of using EUI-64 in
addresses.

The worst part of your draft is that , if we published it, it would give the
impression that for the IETF, EUI-64 addresses are more secure than privacy
addresses. This is obviously false.

-- Christian Huitema