Hello Radek.

I have privacy concerns, because the VIN is permanent for the vehicle.
 I suspect there is a good chance that the vehicle's IP address will
not be used just for diagnostics, but also for general purpose
connections to the Internet (for example fetching a movie for the
children).  If an IP address is based on VIN, then it will never
change, ever.  It will be possible for observers to build up
information about what the vehicle's users like to connect to.

Also, if you are a diagnostic center and you receive packets from an
IP address claiming to have a particular VIN number, how do you
authenticate it?  How do you know that is really the vehicle it claims
to be?  You will need application layer authentication in any case.

I believe it would be much better to decouple "vehicle identification"
from "IP layer location" (the IP address).  These tokens have
different purposes.  The vehicle identification is for use with
database applications and diagnostic applications, while the IP
address is for IP forwarding to know how to reach the vehicle.  You
could possibly allow the vehicle to connect to the network and get any
IP address -- any address at all -- and then connect to the diagnostic
center and tell you its VIN and authenticate, all in a higher layer
protocol.